Since our HQ is based in Estonia, we would like to share the local government (Veeteede Amet) and terminal (TK AS) requirements on VGM.
Government approval status
- Estonian Maritime Administration is in charge of implementation VGM according to SOLAS requirements.
- Tolerance must not exceed 1000 kgs from weight stated in the VGM document
- VGM is preferable to be sent to the terminal prior Gate In of the container
- Terminal is able to provide the chargeable check-weighing or weighing service for all loaded containers arriving into terminal.
- Basic rates for weighing service are:
- Weighing service ordered prior Gate In of the container – 22 €/container (Transiidikeskuse AS – Muuga Container Terminal)
- Weighing service ordered then container already on Yard Delivery of order 24 h before the vessel arrival – 83,60 €/container. (Transiidikeskuse AS – Muuga Container Terminal)
What to include in your VGM instructions
The following items are mandatory and must be on all VGM instructions.pdf (VTA5-1-7_2156eng)
- Booking or Bill of Lading number
- Container number
- VGM + unit
- Authorized person’s signatory (submitter of the VGM who may be authorized to act on behalf of shippers)
- Responsible party Name
- VGM date
How to submit your VGM instructions
- Shipping Line website
- Terminal’s Cone portal by registering electronic visit
- EDI (via INTTRA; GT NEXUS; Cargo Smart)
- Manually (via INTTRA; GT NEXUS; Cargo Smart)
- Via e-mail to the shipping line
- Shipping instruction signed
Deadlines for sending your VGM instructions
VGM closing time deadline mentioned on the booking confirmation, carriers website, etc.
Admin Fees and costs
- Any costs related to customer’s failure to provide VGM data within specified deadlines (including but not limited to port storage, demurrage, and container moves) will be for the account of customer.
- If shipper or responsible person has presented incorrect VGM (exceeding the maximum payload) terminal penalty is 350 EUR/cntr., and additional reloading costs for weight correction and storage costs.
- If the weight of container is exceeding maximum allowed tolerance responsible party is obliged to pay terminal penalty in the amount of 110 EUR/cntr., to which can be added the cost of additional work (in case of container overweight – unloading/loading works